This page is part of the GENIUS project.
The following method was used to capture/generate the TimeSplitters2 traffic in this investigation:
1. Set up the Xboxes as shown in Figure 1.
2. Start tcpdump on the Sniffer Box.
3. Select "Multiplayer" then "System Link" options on all Xboxes.
4. Begin playing game with set number of players on each console and the server.
5. After each game, turn tcpdump off and repeat steps 2-5 until all required data has been collected.
6. Use pkthisto software to generate histograms. Each histogram is comprised of a maximum 2000 packets.
Figure 1: TimeSplitters2 Traffic Capture Hardware Setup
Last Updated: Friday 10-Oct-2003 09:41:29 AEST URL: Maintained by: Ana Pavlicic firstname.lastname@example.org Authorised by: Grenville Armitage email@example.com