Web Object Change Interval Estimation Simulator (WOCIES)
WOCIES is a simulator for designing and investigating web robots that estimate the average change interval of objects on the Web. Object change events are modeled as a Poisson process. The simulator has many variable parameters including:
- Whether or not the objects provide a last-modified date to the robot
- The visit scheduling algorithm used by the robot
- The time period over which the robot is simulated to operate
- The estimation formulas used by the robot
Using the simulator you can test various combinations of these parameters and compare the results to determine the most efficient robot configuration.
- The simulator does not produce any network traffic - the web objects and web robot are simulated in memory.
- The results are produced as a tab delimitted text, so they can be imported in to other software packages.
- WOCIES is written in Java - you should have the JDK installed so that you can run and modify WOCIES.
Downloaded source code, binaries and documentation